The following is the internet policies that I will be focusing on with my students for next year. I have this in kid friendly terms as best as I could think of, and as I mentioned last week in my blog, it is the list that I will help construct with the students during the first couple of weeks of school. I broke it up into two seperate lists, one is for the internet and one for use of our class wiki. I want to do a whole super hero theme next year in my classroom as much as possible so I thought I'd make them become Super Internet Users.
Super Internet Users to the rescue!!
When I'm on the internet, I will....
-Never tell anyone my last name, where I live, my phone number, or any other information about myself.
-Go on websites that are in the Bookmarks File or check the website with the teacher to amke sure it's good.
-Use the internet to learn as much as possible, and not just play games
-Only click 3 times or less when visiting websites
When I'm on the class wiki, I will....
--Never tell anyone my last name, where I live, my phone number, or any other information about myself.
-Check the wiki every time I go on the computer to see "What's New!" and also have my parents check it every night too.
-Participate and contribute to the wiki when my teacher asks me to
-Read what others have to say and not use the wiki for bullying
I know that if I don't do these things, then I may not be aloud to use this awesome computer for sometime, until I learn how to be a Super Internet User.
(Sign Here)
Your superhero idea is super cute. That will really catch the kids attention! Great idea.
ReplyDeleteCUTE! My policy is very boring and no fun now. I focused more on the parents understanding the rules... I like that you made it something your kids can understand. This is definitely something your age group can comprehend. I think there needs to be a superhero worksheet that they color that you can put their heads on to go along with this... just saying. Here's a bunch! Just take pics, print them out, and cut out each students' face to glue in place of the superhero's face.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thecolor.com/Category/Coloring/Superheroes.aspx