Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WIki Presentation

3 comments:

  1. Just a thought - why don't you use a Google Calendar (you'd update your assignments on Google) and embed that into your wiki for the homework, etc. Then, you wouldn't have to worry about the tables....which are a pain in wikis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response was going to be exactly what Dr. Fritz has added. For your homework tab a calendar may be a great idea. Go to "edit page" then in the menu bar across the top, click "widget" and calendar will be an option here. The advantage to the calendar is that you don't have to worry about the crazy formatting with the wiki page and you can add various entries to each day. So lets say Friday you could list one entry that says homework and another that says crazy hair day. Both would be a quick view for the parents. Then they click on the homework title and it takes them to another screen that lists exactly what the assignment is. Lastly with the calendar, you can look back from year to year. For example, this coming fall you could look back to see how long you were in a particular unit last year by going back to your calendar. Then you can also click on last year's homework assignments and update the date and they will go directly to your current calendar. --Jen A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil, I used to love the Animaniacs so of course I like your video, but I liked how it got the kids excited to learn about the different countries. I really like how you are allowing them to find out more about their heritage or find out about a country that they are interested in. I remember always being assigned topics in grade school and I never liked that. So I think it's great that you're giving the kids control over their learning.

    ReplyDelete